Search

Friday, May 6, 2016

Editorial Report 15b

Editing is an important part of the writing process. It allows for peers to review how we are doing and help us improve. Here is my editorial report.

Rough Draft Section:
One of the most important effects this class had on me was my time management. Up until this class I had always done things the night before they were due. I would write 6 pages essays the night before and turn it in without reviewing it (screeching tires). It worked out really well in high school and for the first semester in college. I even started using this method in the beginning of this semester but I have quickly learned that I can't always do this and that I must plan out when I need to finish certain parts of projects. I have always been secretly proud (sound of trumpets) that I can figure out roughly how long something will take me and then wait until the last possible second to do it. Usually it would always be the night before. But with the second project, I found that it just wasn't possible to do everything last minute. For those of you who don't know, I did my second project using the genre of a video essay. Video essays require lots of editing to look good. So I foresaw this and started working on it throughout the week so I wouldn't be rushed at the last minute. This started a habit, more like a goal, for the rest of the semester. I have since worked on all my projects throughout the week and not waited until the last minute. This habit has transferred over to some of my classes most notably math and physics where I have been doing the homework at least two days before it is due. This has relieved a lot of stress which has in turn affected something else dear to my writing process: Sleep. (Sound of snoring) (Transition to next section).

Edited Section:
Link

Questions:
1. How did the content change (even slightly - details matter!) when you re-edited it? Why do you think the content is being communicated more effectively in the re-edited version?
The content didn;t change too much, it was mainly just me recording the script.
 
2. How did the form change (even slightly - details matter!) when you re-edited it? Why do you think the form is presenting the content more effectively in the re-edited version?
 The form changed a bunch. I added sound which is very important.

No comments:

Post a Comment