Search

Sunday, April 24, 2016

Revised Post to Peer Reviewers

Link to Fine Draft

1. Key information about your particular project that you would like anyone who peer reviews your draft to know
I think this draft is decent. Anything that you find that is wrong with grammer, spelling, or form please let me know. I have a hard time finding things like that,
 
2. Major issues or weaknesses in the “Fine Cut” that you’re already aware of (as well as anything you’d like to know from your editors about those weaknesses)
I think a weakness of this draft is the grammer and whether it is understandable to an audience whois not particularly familiar with Nuclear energy.
 
3. Major virtues or strengths in the “Fine Cut” that you’re already aware of (as well as anything you’d like to know from your editors about those strengths)
I think a major strength of this draft is the Form adherence. I feel like I stuck to the form very well and tried very hard not to stray from it.
  

2 comments:

  1. Hey Ben, your essay is pretty solid already, but I do have a couple small suggestions. First, in your parenthetical citations, you should only use the author's last name instead of the whole name. Additionally, there are quite a few instances throughout the paper where a comma should/could be used to separate short phrases. This is literally the smallest deal ever but as a reader commas are helpful for me to maintain flow when I'm reading in my head. Otherwise your essay is really well written and very informative. I do think you present the information well enough for people who know nothing about nuclear energy to keep up. Nice work!

    -Avalon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ben! Your essay is really interesting and seems like a strong final draft! I think the piece is organized well into multiple paragraphs that all discuss different points to your argument. In your in-text and works cited citations, the sources you used were all credible and this was important in presenting your argument to the audience, especially because the topic was heavily science-based. One suggestion that I did have was that when you mentioned some sources in your paper, for example Danny West from a specific university, you didn't elaborate on what his career title was or what qualified him to be making those claims. It might establish more credibility if you indicate to the reader who he and some other sources you used are more clearly. Other than that, I think the essay is great and I wish you luck with the rest of your editing!

    ReplyDelete